Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flight has been booked...

I booked my flight to Korea yesterday. I have been putting it off for a very long time, but I finally decided it was time and made the purchase with Korean Airlines from Chicago to Seoul. I was really scared at first, but now, I feel less stressed now that its over. Now its just a waiting game, until the time comes for another departure. Time sure has gone by fast, and I know that the next few months will fly by...

I was at the airport this last weekend in Chicago at O'Hare with May and Robb to drop off Kay to go back to L.A. I love being at the airport so much, I get butterflies whenever I am near one. There's something about being there that makes me feel so at peace. Maybe its the idea that I can go anywhere in the world, in this one place. Maybe its watching all the people, wondering where they are all heading and where they have all been. I sometimes want to just ask people, "where you coming from?" or "where are you heading?" and then listen to how excited they are about their trip. I would smile in reply and feel almost as excited as they are about the places they are going....

I'm not quite sure why I want to be anywhere but here, I just want to be everywhere. So many places, so many opportunities, so many journeys to take, and with only one life to do them all. Maybe that's why I love being at the airport, because here, I can soak it all in...and dream that I am going to all the places, all at once.

No comments: