Monday, July 14, 2008

Awaiting departure.....

Me and my social worker in Korea

So its less than 18 days until departure for my trip to Korea and I am awaiting patiently, until I finally get to go back to the place I was born. I know it may not seem that big of a deal to most people, but to me going back will redefine who I am. Many of the answers I have been seeking all of my life will be answered. Although, I do realize I may come back with even more questions than answers. This trip was initially supposed to be about me learning Korean however, it quickly changed into a learning experience, as well as a possible family reunion. I recently found out that I may be able to meet some living relatives in Korea. (The timing is eerie). My father was an only child, but my mother had 2 brothers and 1 sister.

Although, I am very excited at the possibility of meeting my biological family, I am trying to stay guarded, as I know that most biological families do not want to meet with the adopted children, as it would embarrass and shame the family. I was doing some searching and found some pictures of me when I lived in an orphanage. The earliest pictures I have of me are only the ones the orphanage took. I hope to be able to get pictures of me and my parents from my family in Korea. The picture above is a picture of me while I stayed at Eastern Social Welfare in Seoul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bielski, You are awesome!!! I wish you the best. I am very happy for you and look forward to reading your updates.

Gloria