Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some Great news...


Good news! Today I just received an email from Lifelink. They had been in touch with the orphanage in Korea and they just sent her this email.

Thank you so much for the good news. What a surprise to know that David is planning to come to Korea!
Ewha Womans University is very close from Eastern office.
Melinda (Lifelink adoptee who is one of Eastern scholarship program participants) is studying Korean this school right now.

I think that David may be able to meet his maternal uncle and his family and be able to visit the orphanage where he stayed while his stay in Korea. I think that he stayed the orphanage until his departure. There is no information about the foster home in his file.

The agent said that David's maternal uncle had legal custody until David has become an adult. Since then, the uncle has been trying to search David's whereabouts, but he could not get the information about that.
The agent of insurance company also has been working so hard to find where David is, and finally she made a contact with us.

I am still waiting for the call from the agent. I will give you updated if I hear anything.
Please give my name and e-mail address to David, so that he can contact me while he is in Korea. I will try to arrange the meeting with his uncle. Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Park, Yoon-kyung
Social Worker/Post-adoption Services
ESWS

So I just got this today and WOW, I am so happy!!! I mean it says my uncle has been searching for me! I mean, who knows for how long, but still it is great news and I feel so happy that someone from my family was trying to find me. I was really nervous about this trip, but now I am soo excited! I will be able to finally meet my family. This year has been a really great year for me so far. I really feel like with everything that is happening lately, that I am riding a cloud...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link, dave. congratulations. i can't imagine how good this must feel. i'm so happy for you, and can't wait to read more!!