Friday, August 29, 2008

Farewell...

So this will be my last entry and I will say farewell to my blog and to my journey in finding my past. My last day was filled with mixed emotions of course. My journey has come to an end and I've learned that finding your past is more difficult than I once thought. Things definitely do not go as planned and there are many curves in the road before we end up at our final destination. I feel that is what is happening now. I know I haven't found the answers I was looking for but, I've found new answers that I wasn't expecting to find.

It's about timing, and it appears that right now, the timing is not right. Ultimately, I feel defeated, that I didn't accomplish my goal here in Korea. That is of course meeting my family and finding answers about my past and my parents. Life kind of works out that way. You don't always get what you want, and you definitely don't always get what you deserve. I've enjoyed my stay in Korea and will miss so much about this place.

I am so happy to have spent time with the babies and kids at the orphanage, and I do feel blessed that I was given an opportunity to spend time with them. To all the people that have read my blog I hope you enjoyed in sharing the journey with me. Korea will always be my home, and I will keep it in my heart always. So for now, goodbye and farewell...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dave, hurry home. you've so many friends here who are anxious to have you return and continue your journey in madison, in finding your future. you are loved. emily samson

Anonymous said...

you may not have found exactly what you were hoping to, but the kids you met and spent time with were blessed that you found your way to them. you brightened their lives, if only for those moments.
jessica murphy

Anonymous said...

Dave, This blog rocks -- Thanks for sharing -- see you soon. JM