Thursday, August 28, 2008

My last day in Korea...


I can't believe it's finally here. My last day in Korea. I never thought I would have felt the way I do now about the country I left behind. I don't want to leave of course. I've accomplished a lot while I have been here, but there are a lot of things left undone. As some of you might be wondering, I didn't get to meet my family. It's a story that I don't wish to share, but all I can say is that not all stories come with happy endings and journeys often end without finding anything you hoped or expected. But, sometimes the journey leads to finding out something new you never expected. Maybe that is the reason I came to Korea.

It is a story all to common, that a lot of adoptees have to endure. Most of the time, we just want answers about our history, our parents, our birthplace, or a simple picture. But, even the simplest of compassion cannot be given by the ones that brought us into this world. For now, I will carry the memories of my parents with me from what I remember as a child, until the time I am meant to know more. Sometimes answers are never clear and it's hard to find the path through all the haze. I will endure, we all have to.

I've met so many wonderful people through this journey and I will miss them very much. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part, to the people I am leaving behind and to the place I was born. This has been an experience I will never forget. So my last full day in Korea is upon me and my blog is coming almost coming to an end....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we miss u DAve =)

See u in a day =)