Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Awaiting Departure 2nd edition...


Me on arrival day

So I just realized that my very first post was exactly 18 days until I was to leave for Korea the first time. And today, is also exactly 18 days until my departure for Korea again. Everything seems to be falling into place and I don't really have to try very hard to make things happen, they just do.

I thought I would start over again and now is the 2nd edition of my departure in finding my past. I have to say, I feel so much more different this time around then the first. Obviously I feel more comfortable since I have already been to Korea before, but I am still nervous. But I am really happy and since I have been waiting for this day, preparing for this day for so long, I am so glad that its almost time.

Its been a long year, and my friends in Korea I know miss me very much. When I talk to them on the phone or email, they want me to come to Korea real soon! Its a nice feeling. However, I will miss my close friend I have made here in Madison. I hope I will be able to keep in touch with them too, and they will miss me as much as my friends in Korea. 

These last weeks have been so long and busy. I moved out and had my last days at MPD. I got a lot of great photos and realized how many wonderful people I am leaving behind. If only they could come along with me....life would be grand. :) I got a chance to drive around and say goodbye and take some photos along the way...

So its not much longer, until I leave for the place I was born again and hopefully this time, I will be able to meet my family, and find out what exactly I am supposed to find. 

2 comments:

emily said...

i am thinking about you. i would come to korea with you for a bit, if i could... i found a piece of my heart there, and i'm hoping you find yours very quickly, too. love you.

Anonymous said...

well, I hope you know that you are welcome anytime....and I would love visitors and familiar faces!