Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My last days in Madison...

So it has finally arrived. I will be leaving for Korea again, this time way longer than the first. I only have 2 more days until I leave again, but this time, the feelings are  quite different than before. 

I won't have internet for my last days so this will be my last blog entry until I arrive in Korea! I am not sure what exactly I am feeling, but the main feeling I guess has to be excitement more than anything. After that, I am so nervous! 

I received a scholarship from Inkas, for 1 semester of Korean language at Yonsei University. I am so happy and relieved I got something that will help me with my schooling. I just hope the other scholarship comes through, but I am patiently waiting for the notification.

Today, I had my going away party at Miya's house. It was so nice to be around people that wish you the very best, and I know I will be in touch with all of them while I am in Korea. I have been staying with Miya and her family the last couple days, and then I will be off to my parents house until I leave for the airport. 

Last Saturday I had my going away party put on by Lindsey and Brian, two of my best co-worker friends. I had a really wonderful time, and it was so great to see everyone that came. Saying goodbye is never fun, but I am glad I got to see everyone one more time before my departure. 

So my last days have been filled with nothing too exciting, just little odds and ends that need to be taken care of, but I am glad things are not being rushed, rushing would only make things unsweet. I remember I went to a wedding one time and the priest said, take a moment to look around and see all the beauty, friends and surroundings around you. Take it all in and enjoy it. Everyone paused and looked around and I thought it was an amazing thing to do, because in our busy lives with everything we all have to do, we often don't take the time to look around and take in everything that is going on around you and remember it and be happy that you have a chance to appreciate it. 

So I haven't had too many things planned because I want to cherish all that I can, take it all in, and keep in stored in my memory bank to remember forever. So I say goodbye until I arrive in Korea in 2 days! 

No comments: