Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chapter 1, Day 5...

So I've been here for about 5 days now, man its gone by kinda fast. I haven't been up to much really, just adjusting. I think the jetlag has worn off, but I sure do get up early....well earlier than I'd like. I went to the U.S. embassy yesterday and took forever. Then they didn't have what I needed but had to spend $40 for s piece of paper that is useless to me. Then went to the immigration office and after waiting for hours, found out that I had gone to the wrong office....:(

But, at the U.S. embassy, I did meet a very nice couple. His name was Joon, 40 year old Korean American. He had recently married his wife when they met in Hong Kong. She is from Seoul, so it was nice as they told me about places to go, where to get good food....good date spots...lol.

Anyway, Joon has lived all over the states and lived in so many countries....very cool. I guess he decided to settle down at age 40...I wonder if that is what will happen to me. I mean, it was so cool that he was telling me about all the places he has been, all that he has experienced, and then, came back to the place he was born.

I've been meaning to take more pictures, actually I haven't taken any while I have been here. So many things to photograph...

The first few days I have to say were kind of sad, don't really know why, it was a weird period. But now, I feel really glad that I am here. I love the sights, the sounds, just everything is so darn awesome....

Oh wait, I am thinking about talking to this girl at dunkin donuts....yes I am here again....Hmm....what should I say?? What if she doesn't speak any English....doubtful, I am sure she does.....here goes....

1 comment:

emily said...

i'm glad that you are glad.
and i'm waiting for photos.
hurry up, would you??