So I have to send my apologies to all of you that have been waiting for me to blog more. As I was telling Emily that I have been really, really busy....she reminded me that she has 3 kids along with work and family....and she still finds the time.... :)
So I have been here for about 2 1/2 months and it has really flown by! I have having a great time here, even more amazing and fun than I had ever expected. And my expectations were really high, so I am sure you have an idea of how much fun I am having here. I have met so amazing people here! So to break it down, there has been a lot going on since my last post. To begin with....INKAS summer camp.

So about 1 month ago, I went to summer camp for adoptees in Korea. It is run by an organization called INKAS. I wasn't going to go at first, but I later decided to go, and it was a good experience. I met a lot of adoptees, as well as Korean volunteers.

It was a week long trip in Seoul and everything was paid for, which is very nice. So if you want to ever do a summer camp trip for a week and your an adoptee, you should def. check it out.

Some of the things we did was to learn how to make Korean food. We made topoki and bibimbap, korean pancakes, and chopchae. Yes I learned how to make all these awesome dishes and I have to say, I am pretty good at it! :) It was pretty cool learning how to make the food, but it was easy since they had all the food prepared for us, and all we had to do was cut it up and cook it! ^^
We then went to a paper making class where we learned how to make traditional Korean paper items. It was not that interesting, but I made some things, but I seem to have lost it.... :)

Then we learned how to bow and also traditional tea ceremony. We learned how to box and pour tea. It was kind of interesting to see and learn about Korean culture. Even if it is not practiced that much nowadays.

The most fun activity was the Han river rafting and windsurfing. We went into these huge rafts and tried to push people in the river....then we did windsurfing. I am really not that good at balancing on a board actually, and kept falling in the water a lot. :)

Then we went on a Han river cruise at night. Very beautiful and highly recommended. Seoul is so beautiful at night. Especially the view from Seoul tower. We also went to Seoul tower but in the morning so it was very foggy. I have been there at night, and I recommend going there at that time. :)

We went to Gyeongju for the weekend and got out of Seoul. It was a long bus ride, about 4 hours, but going to the ocean was beautiful. I haven't been to Pusan yet, but I heard is an amazing place, so I would like to go there. I feel like there is so much for me to see here, and I want to see them all, but feel like there is no time for anything!

Looks like s scene from Korean drama! :)

View from my Hotel room in Gyeongju.

Ferry ride on Han river.


Night view of one of the palaces in Gyeongju.

So cute!


My friend Stephanie from France.



3 comments:
I am glad Emily called you out on the lack of blogging!
Thanks for finally updating us on your adventures. It looks like you are having a great time and taking it all in!
Miss you!
Lindsey
Dave,
YES! It's about time that you posted. I love your photos. Especially the Korean drama field pose. Your blog is making me want to come visit!
So glad that you did the Inkas Summer Camp. Someday I would like to send Max and Lily to that if they want to go. It looked fabulous. I owe you a long email and chat. Hope we can do that soon
Missed you at the FTKA Chusok event on Saturday. I got to see Emily and family though. Happy to hear that you are happy! You really seem to be thriving and enjoying yourself.
Love,
Miya, Mike, Max and Lily xoxoxoxoxox
ah ha! blog posts! i must nag you more often...
love reading everything. would be in heaven if you posted every day, but will settle for once weekly. keep that in mind.
and, let me know when you visit pusan. that is where our rubin was born, you know...
xoxo from madison.
Post a Comment