Today I went to visit Eastern and volunteered taking care of the babies there. I can believe how hard the women here work, taking care of all of these infants. I held the babies and would rock two other babies in a crib with my feet so they would not cry. It's definitely about multi tasking here. There are only a few workers to feed, change, hold, and give medicine to 40 or more babies. Watching these women work was really amazing to me. For about 10 seconds, there was a time when all of the babies seemed to stop crying all together and the silence was marvelous. But then one would cry again and all the others would too. I fed a baby a bottle for the first time today too. I was really nervous holding and feeding the baby, but I got more comfortable as the time went on.
My teacher on Tue. & Thur.
I have been so busy with studying and school, I haven't had time to do anything else. The course is very challenging and it's hard for me to keep up with the Japanese students. They just seem to get it right away! ugh. I have tests everyday and tomorrow I have 3 tests. It's so hard to study when you could be doing so many other things in a great city like Seoul. But, no class on friday so more time for me to sight see again.
I've been riding the subway so much lately that I am starting to know where everything is. Well sort of. But I really love the subway system here, it is so easy to get around. On Monday I went to Social Welfare Society, another orphanage in Seoul to drop off a package for Lily, Miya's daughter. It's about a 50 minute subway ride to the orphanage from where I live. I didn't stay long since though they were really busy but it gave me a chance to see more parts of Seoul.
1 comment:
you look great with a tiny baby in your arms! haven't read in a while, so here catching up today. thinking of you! emily samson
Post a Comment