Sunday, August 10, 2008

Visiting Insadong...


Today I met up early with Mayu and Hae-in. I was waiting in front of the main gate of campus and took some photos. This is the main gate view from the street to Ewha University. 

This is a view of the one of the streets in front of the main gate to the university. There are so many cafe's and restaurants and shops here. 

It was extremely hot and sunny again today. Everyone was carrying an umbrella to block out the sun.  If I didn't look so weird carrying one, I would too. 

We had lunch at this place called BB. The spread was delicious. The table fills up pretty full at Korean restaurants.  All the food was really good. 

We went to Insadong which is not that far away but required a subway transfer. It was kind of confusing but we eventually arrived. The subways are extremely hot since there is no airflow underground.

When we arrived we walked around Insadong. It is a touristy area and a lot of shops for gifts. I actually saw some non-Korean people here. It is rare to see non-Korean people where I live near. 

We went to a tea shop here and had some tea and rice cakes. We mainly talked but we also walked around and looked at things. It was really crowded here.

It was kind of cool seeing the umbrellas being hung over the shopping area. There were many carts on the street and in the shopping center making traditional Korean snacks and things. 

Afterwards, I met up with Simon and his two friends Sujin and Maria. Sujin goes to school at Ewha and Maria attends Manchester college in England. She has a great English accent, which sounds really funny coming from a Korean. 

No comments: