Today I got up early because I think I am just too excited to sleep. There is so much to do and so much to see, that I feel like sleeping is just a waste of time. I woke up early today and took some pictures of Ewha University. It is a beautiful campus and tomorrow I will get the official tour. The picture above is actually a huge building underground. The sides glass on both sides.
I took my placement test but it was pretty quick since the test was pretty hard. I guess I am going to be put in the beginning class, no shocker here. I think I am going to get a lot of homework, so I guess I will be studying a lot. I actually had to order food and talk in Korean while I went out today because Simon wasn't babysitting me all day today like before.
I went out with my friends to this amazing yogurt place. It was really good. I met Mayu from my class. She is from Kyoto, Japan. I would say about 85% of the students in my class are from Japan. I would say 98% of the people in the program are girls.
I had lunch at this street restaurant. I had Pogoki and Kimbop. It was really delicious. I don't eat much though because it is so hot and humid here and don't feel like eating a whole lot, but the food is so good.
It is so busy out and there are people everywhere no matter what time it is. It is Monday and I couldn't believe how many people are out at night. I thought the subway was packed, but I guess on the weekends, its so crowded that you can't move. Apparently purses float in front of you since you can't hold onto your own bag. :) I went to the mall with Simon and looked around. The clothes here are pretty expensive, so I didn't buy anything.
After shopping I met up with Claire. I had a lot of fun with her. She is studying for the Korean bar exam so she is very busy, but I am really glad she was able to get away and meet with us and hang out. We actually went to eat at Uno's of all places and then we went for a drink at a place called mongs. Cinnamong.....:) Tomorrow is the first day of class and then the campus tour. Well wish me luck!
6 comments:
Davy
We are glad to know that you made it safely to Korea. Your pictures of the scenery are spectacular. Keep focused on your studies and your mission...not the scenery.
Colby
Hey Dave, it sounds like you are having a great time. Lotsa girls! Woo hoo! I know that's not why you are there, but it sure doesn't hurt, right? You just enjoy every minute of this wonderful life experience!
Dave-
Just got internet access for the first time in a couple days here in Alaska and checked to see if you made it and for any updates. Sounds like you are very busy and trying to take it all in! Great pic's and glad to hear you are having a great time. Don't get too distracted :)
Lindsey
Colby, the scenery here is amazing! Don't worry I am good at multitasking so I can do more than one thing at a time. lol. I will make sure I study hard though.....
Kris, your so funny! It's kind of weird because I am a big hit here! j/k. I love it here so much, and I haven't even been here a week!
Lindsey, they have internet in Alaska? jk. There so much to see and so many people I meet everyday. I am having so much fun. I don't know why everyone thinks I will get distracted, I am a good boy.
Hi Dave!
I just remebered that you're in Korea! The pictures are amazing and I hope you're enjoying your time there! I was reading your post and it's so funny about the grandma and the umbrella thing... lol. That's so asian. So cute... anyways, I'm looking forward to reading your posts! If you see any major Kpop singers or actors, give them my myspace... lol.
rx
98% girls?? sweet! (those are pretty good odds, bielski... maybe even for you??) emily samson
Post a Comment