So today was my first day of class. My class has 15 people in it and its pretty diverse in age and location. I am the only guy in my class. Most of my classmates are from Japan but there is one from Canada and Switzerland. So as we were having our first class, the power went out in the entire building. Our teacher left the room to see what was going on and the air-conditioner in the ceiling started pouring water from the ceiling. But, with my quick thinking ability, I went to the hallway and got some garbage cans so the water would not go on the floor. I pretty much saved the day. jk. But since there was so much water we had class in the dark and with water at our feet. It was quite hilarious. I think I will learn a lot. The teachers don't speak English and only Korean, so it will be quite interesting how it all goes.
After class we had our campus tour. Ewha has a really beautiful campus. This building is the newest one that took 5 years to build. It was so hot and humid that I really didn't enjoy the tour though. It is so hot here and just dread being outside during the middle of the day.
The subway was really crowded but I was able to find a seat. I noticed that a lot of people were falling asleep on the subway including the girl sitting next to me. She kept bobbing her head back and forth, over and over again and I was thinking to myself, please don't lean on me while you sleep. I couldn't really get up since there were people pretty much on my lap and I tried to scrunch up as tight as I could so maybe she wouldn't lean on me. And then of course her head started coming my way and she leaned her head on my shoulder and I was like, crap. She then looked over at me and probably noticed she didn't know me and had this surprised look, and then fell back asleep again. At that point I decided maybe I should stand up, and I did.

So as I was hanging out with Claire, it was getting pretty late so she took a taxi home and I got on the subway. In the middle of the subway ride, I was pretty far from home, the subway just stops and says something over the intercom. Then everyone leaves. I look over and no one is on the train. I was thinking, oh great, I have no idea where I am and why is the subway stopping. Apparently, this one stopped at like 12:15 am. There was no subway that was going to take me home, but thank goodness Claire was able to guide me on how to get a taxi home. So I arrive back at campus and the gates are all closed. I think all the universities have gates at all the entrances and close apparently at night. I had to sneak around a fence to get back onto campus. I wasn't expecting such an eventful day today, but it was still fun at the same time.
2 comments:
I can see what you are thinking in all of your photos. The only guy in your class? This is going to be interesting.
hmmmm. i wish i had the same mind reading capabilities as nordy. what ARE you thinking??? hmmmmm....
emily samson
Post a Comment